We refer to our previous circulars regarding sanctions imposed on Russia following the escalation of the conflict in Ukraine.
We would like to inform you of the following developments:
- NATO warns of an increased risk to shipping in the northwestern part of the Black Sea and recommends shipowners as follows:
- to stay in close contact with local agents and with national and local maritime authorities on the most recent developments..
- keep abreast of navigational warnings and avoid the high-risk areas, warships and military vessels.
- Thoroughly document and report all incidents through their respective national channels and to local maritime authorities.
- The UK Government has announced that it will ban Russian owned, chartered or operated vessels of Russian nationals or residents of Russia from UK ports. The ban also applies to ships flying the Russian flag.
- We understand that there are delays in handling customs formalities in several European ports. While there is currently no general ban on shipments to and from Russian ports, we are advised that customs authorities strictly enforce sanctions against cargo originating in Russia, resulting in predictable logistical delays.